Saturday, March 10, 2012

03/10/2012

I am much better today!!!!
I have been sick very bad this week. I didn't got sick as bad as this time since high school. The good thing is I am good now and I lost almost 3 pounds up to now :). So I am going to make a relatively long blog today :)!

I had a meeting with a professor from Texas A&M University today. It lasted for one hour. I talked about my research work in the past 2 years. He asked me some questions in detail. Then he talked me a lot about his research group. What projects he is working on and what projects he plan to do in the future. He gave me some encouraging signs but he didn't guarantee anything. So I still need to wait more good news!

Another thing is I got a good old friend back. We met each other when I was in high school. But we actually see each other only one time. And we were keeping in touch by phone and internet. We kind of loosing touch since I came to US and became really busy. Some days before, my mom told me she called my mom and said she really miss me. I feel warm and be touched deep in heart. I called her and we talked a lot. Both of us feel very excited. We will keep in touch for sure.   

Some little things happen in life made me feel warm. I got a lot help from Yihong during my sickness. She bought me dinner home, she asked me how I was feeling every day. She take me home every night from school. I really appreciate that I have a such good friend here. I got greetings from Scotty and asked me how I was doing every day. He also encouraged me stand up for myself and gave me suggestion how to do in the interview. Thank you all so much  :)!

And I got help from strangers as well. Yesterday I was coughed badly at the hallway in the department, a student was passing by and gave me a package of cough drops :). Yesterday I was trying to buy a bottle of water from the vending machine, the bad thing is the machine only accept 1 dollar bill. I only had one 1 dollar bill and couples of quarters. But I need to at least two 1 dollar bill to get that water. A cleaner passed by and gave one dollar bill. I gave him four quarters but he insisted not to take that. And he said have a good day to me :)!

A bad thing is my neighbor lost a 3-legged cat whose name is Poor Baby. It's kind of cold here recently. I really hope this cute little baby will get home soon!

OK, that's pretty much. I will do a mask and play some LOL!!! ahahahaha! 





5 comments:

  1. Ah, you found the Blarny stone!!! Did you kiss it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lola, glad your feeling better, its called League of Ledges. Its a spin off of DOTA :P. Lovely pictures by the way. good night :)

      Delete
    2. ahahaha, no, you played LOL, and I played DOTA, WAHAHAHAHA. Just messing, it's LOL, I like this name by the way!!!

      Delete
    3. and no, I didn't kiss it. I just look at it, look at it, look at it....... May be kiss it next time when I pass by!

      Delete
    4. She kissed it today! I will do it next time.

      Delete