Wednesday, February 29, 2012

02/29/2012

Today I only swam for 820 yards (750 m). I was aiming for more than 1000 yards but I guess I am not in a good swimming mood today.

Actually, I am not in a good research or study mood today. I got up late, went to class, do some homework. In that "Internet Programming" class. We are doing our final project on a shopping cart. I am going to make it as fancy as I can. The due is 7th March!!!

Scotty, I did the verilog-A code for the Schottky diode and Dr.Li approved it. I did that base on the I-V relationship equation of the diode. And there are three variables in the equation -- Ideality factor, effective barrier height and the series resistor. Each variable has a relationship with temperature. So just apply these three into the diode equation. I did this only for one size (the 2.4um x 2.4 um) diode and it the simulation curve and measurement curve fits well. So on the next tape out on 26th March, I will apply this new module to the front-end! Any other suggestion? Thank you very much for your previous version. It helped me a lot! The syntax errors are very annoying and how I remember how did you struggle with it, ahahahaha!!! And it's much easier for me to do that base on your correct syntax version!!!

I need to set up my defense date with Dr.Gale tomorrow. Pay my rent and bills!!!! Remind me!!!!

 

7 comments:

  1. Lolz Lola, you want me to remind you... remember who your asking. I'll try and remind you. Your probably more versed in Verilog-A now than I was :).

    As far as recommendations, you might try setting an initial 0 condition when your running your Cadance simulation. I learned that while I was here. It help get the simulation going. I'll put a post up of it under my cadence link later as I'm about to get start on my ripple carry adder. I'm so focused on getting started, I haven't had time to just sit and think... nice photos of west Texas :)... ah home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the zero initial condition thing is also in the document I sent you...

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much Scotty! Actually I love the document you sent to me, I mean the one for your project one. It explains everything in detail and clear :)!

      Delete
    3. And I will paste more pictures of west Texas. I enjoyed walking on campus from EE to Rec center. But usually in late afternoon. I like take pics of pretty Texas, ahahaha!

      Delete
    4. they are quite lovely :). See my sight for conversion aid... unfortunately I don't know how make this a link

      https://sites.google.com/site/inventerx/home/links/cadence/conversion-aid

      Delete
    5. do I need to sign up a blogger so that I can add the comments?

      Delete
    6. I don't think so. I guess you just need to sign in use your google account. It works fine, I can see your comment.

      Delete